Toyota settles for $3M after being found liable in sudden acceleration case

From ESPN

Toyota Statement on Bookout Trial

Torrance, Calif., Oct. 25, 2013 ? Toyota today issued the following statement in response to the verdict and settlement of the Bookout v. Toyota case in Oklahoma County Court:

"While we strongly disagree with the verdict, we are satisfied that the parties reached a mutually acceptable agreement to settle this case. We remain committed to providing our customers with safe and reliable vehicles, and we will continue to defend our products vigorously at trial in other legal venues."

Reply to
MummyChunk

"Toyota won the three sudden-acceleration claims that previously reached jury verdicts since the recalls. The defense verdicts include injury cases in New York in 2011 and in Philadelphia in June. A Los Angeles jury in October cleared Toyota of fault for the death of a 66-year-old woman. " and "Toyota has disputed any flaws in the electronic throttle."

from Bloomberg.

win some lose some GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh