Toyota should do some field studies

if they think that this is a future vehicle that will net them money

I can see that going out of style in about 5 months. Anyone remember the little Amigo's? That's what it reminds me of... an Amigo mixed with a sports trac....

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Ever hear of a Subaru Brat, Ford Explorer Sport Trac or Honda Ridgeline?

While the shape is morernistic, it is the same concept. While none of these above trucks made a ton of money for their makers, I am sure they were all worthwhile.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I forgot to add that the Detroit auto show, the NY autoshow, etc., are all field studies where the auto makers see what potential costumers like.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Perhaps worthwhile, but can such a car do more damage than good in the long run?

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

> Ever hear of a Subaru Brat, Ford Explorer Sport Trac or Honda Ridgeline?>>

How? Anyway, it is not a mainstream truck, but rather more of a specialty truck.

BTW, it is a truck, not a car. So it is built to different safety standards and is registered differently.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I saw it first hand at the Chicago Auto Show. I saw picture of it prior to going to the show and thought that it was not very attractive, but it looks better than in the pictures.

If it or something along those lines goes into production, it will be a niche vehicle with a limited production run and will sell to people who don't need a real truck and use it more for recreational purposes like camping and hauling bikes.

Reply to
Ray O