Toyota Sienna << OR >> Honda Odyssey

It will never fit a power wheel chair. Otherwise it is a really neat car.

Reply to
Art

I currently drive a Subaru 2.5 Turbo that runs like a V6. Excellent accelleration from 0 and for passing. I have gotten used to the power, and enjoy it. I am afraid the Mazda will be way underpowered for my liking. That's especially with two people and the chair lift, and the chair. It will be like hauling the equivalent of 5 folks. The old Dodge Caravan I am replacing has the

3.8 V6 in it. From my comparison data tables: Subaru-2.5T HO4; 230 hp 3270 lbs; 14.21 lb/hp; torque 235 @ 3600 Sienna-3.5 V6; 266 hp 4266 lbs; 16.04 lb/hp; torque 245 @ 4700 Odyssey-3.5 V6; 244 hp 4541 lbs; 18.6 lb/hp; torque 240 @ 4500 Mazda5- 2.3 I4; 153 hp 3389 lbs; 22.2 lb/hp; torque 148 @ 4500
Reply to
QX

QX scribblednews:dp2573lrqu2g15dkep00h7mu1eb3sqnt1k@

4ax.com:

Simple. According to Consumer Reports, Odessey is only "fair" in repair records and Sienna is "excellent".

Resale is tops also.

Just look at the market. In most cities, Siennas are down to the last "no one wants these wierdos left" and most Honda lots are FULL FULL of all sorts of Odesseys.

Plus, The Sienna with option package 1 and -$1,500 rebate on 07's is about $4,000 cheaper than the Odessey, better made, has more options like steering wheel audio controls and power sliding doors, looks better, gets 2 mpg better and is just a better car.

I don't understand why Odessey's aren't selling for under $20K seeing as how Toyota is kicking their asses up, down and sideways.

Greedy stupid Honda execs probably. My guess is they hired an American to price and market their Honda vans.

It's a no brainer.

Reply to
Billy

ToMh scribblednews:1181931884.432739.46920 @o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

That's a moronic statement, devoid of facts or intelligence and indicative of a passive pussy liberal personality that surely indicates that you work for the government or a union, can't be fired, do substandard work, say a lot of "yes sir!" and "no ma'am"s on the job, have no authority and lead a life of shrill and desperate desperation that manifests iteself on usenet as the resident lickspittle moron.

That's like saying "Diet Coke and Regular 7Up are both great carbonated drinks, so shut up and just drink one or the other".

My guess is that in real life you're a teacher, a N.York city plumber, or a child, a moron, a recent public college graduate who had to depend on affirmative action to get in, stay in and "graduate" with your worthless liberal arts degree, or just a plain jane garden variaty slovenly thinking idiot who loses arguements most often to wandering cats, illegal aliens who can't speak english and the moon.

Reply to
Kiljoy