Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

I recently did a power steering flush on my 2002 Camry LE V6 (60,000 miles) and replaced the fluid with Amsoil ATF and found the steering system to be much smoother especially in cold weather. I noticed that the Amsoil is also compatible with Toyota T-IV fluid. Has anyone used the Amsoil on their transmissions and had any issues. Generally, I do a drain and fill every

25,000 miles and replace the fluid. I was thinking of doing the Wynn method of replacing all the fluid and replacing it either with the T-IV stuff or the Amsoil ATF.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Car Guy

Amsoil is the only source that claims that it is compatible.

Mobil specifically states that their synthetic ATF is NOT compatible with T-IV.

I wouldn't do it. I'm as in love with synthetics as anyone, but I wouldn't trust Amsoil in my '03 Tundra.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer