Toyota truck starting problem

I have an '85 truck with a recently rebuilt engine. The problem is, the truck won't start unless I pour a little gas into the carb. What might be the cause of this? It didn't do this before I rebuilt the engine. thanks, Mark in Austin

Reply to
MarkPhil

make sure your choke is working. make sure the float level is set properly. make sure fuel isn't leaking out of the float bowl.

Reply to
JeB

or you have a massive air leak, spray some carb cleaner around the manifold/pipes (with it running) and see if the engine speed changes.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful