Toyota Tundra: First Impression

Evidence please.

Jeff, Ford Contour, 222,000km and still going strong.

Reply to
Jeff

My '92 Corolla Wagon with over 200K on it seems to be a typical example.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

'92 Corolla Wagon 328,306km and still going strong....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

All I can go on is personal experience.

I've almost always kept cars till the wheels fell off.

My '92 Corolla with 204,000 miles is just as good as new. I can not say that about any other American car I've ever owned. Not one of them made it to 200K and believe me I tried.

Now everyone in my immediate and extended family drives Toyota and we are ALL happy.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

And everyone in my family who drives Fords are really happy, too. Both families' experiences are just anecdote.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Of course that is true, but I'd bet my family will be happier longer....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Nothing but anecdotal evidence. And if you can provide anecdotal evidence, then so can I. Most Contour/Mystique owners I know had numerous problems with them, including engine fires. I actually see very few of these on the road anymore.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Then open your eyes. I see a lot.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I don't have time to look up and cite you, chapter and verse, but the most recent JDPowers studies and CRs tend to support the notion that, for vehicles that have been in the field for 5 to 8 years, this is still the case.

Now, it *could* be that the latest batch of GMs, Fords and DCXs *are* just as reliable, long-term, as the todays' Toyotas (and maybe Hondas) but we won't have any persuasive evidence of this for another 5 to 8 years. So, from here it's a crapshoot.

People will have to buy these GM, Ford and DCX vehicles and find out. I'm generously letting others conduct this experiment for me.

I'm glad to hear your Contour is serving you well.

I have 4 Toyotas, 3 purchased used, held for a total of 105K miles and 10 years, so far, with ZERO repairs. No rattles, no squeaks, no odd noises under the hood, interiors and paint look new.

Reply to
DH

Really! I'm in the industry and the ignorance here is astounding. I can go by 3 Ford dealers here and show you how many 2006 trucks there are in the lot. I'm not going to even start with the 06 cars they are trying to give away. I guess all the so called domestic brands with parts from Mexico is crying foul. Some of you boys need to look into the economy and truly understand it. It is often better to be thought of as an ignorant than opening your mouth and removing all doubt. Back to you good buddy.

Reply to
mani.jayasinghe

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Jeff, You obviously have a computer with Internet access. Google my brother Google and you shall get your answer. I how you consider all the magazines and consumer reports to be good enough DATA??? Carry on!

Reply to
mani.jayasinghe

What? In English, this time.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

In other words, no, you're not going to support your claim. JD Power and Associates give ratings. They don't offer any real data, such as the data on which their ratings are based or their methodology. So much for your "statistical fact."

It's always a crapshoot. Not every Toyota and Honda lasts 200,000 mi without breaking down and needing major work.

And, unless you don't drive, your conducting a similar experiment for someone else.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

That's alright Jeff, didn't expect you to understand.

Reply to
mani.jayasinghe

No problem. When you learn to write in *English,* let us know. Your post doesn't even relate to the post to which it was replying.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Will do.. but the question is will you understand? It seems that you're challenged by a simple English phrase and struggling to come to terms with it. But then again, I'm discussing complicated issues with a small mind. Accordingly, my expectation shoul've been much lower. Let me let you go back to discussing your Ford and domestic issues. They were, at the very least, entertaining.

Reply to
mani.jayasinghe

Hey, we agree. You are using a small mind (yours of course)!

Reply to
Jeff

My eyes are open and looking down many main streets of a large city. I see very few.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

But yet, your only evidence is your experience with just one car. Hardly sufficient.

But a domestic car typically requires much more work to reach that mileage.

I see far more 10-15 year old Toyotas and Hondas still running than domestic cars of similar age.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit