Toyota vaccum hose - $7/foot

Why is Toyota vacuum hose so expensive, even compared to silicone hose?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Toyota does not sell bulk vacuum hose to dealerships so if the dealership is selling bulk vacuum hose, they got it from another distributor.

Reply to
Ray O

Some things are just a total rip for sure.

My last trip to Toyota of Garden Grove in California I bought a bunch of parts and I'm still shaking my head for not checking closer before I tossed my $$

1- bypass coolant hose $22.00 +tax (was like a 1/2" rubber hose 4" long) 1- distributor cap & rotor that were not even OEM or good enough to use.

But then some things seem to be a great deal like when my Supra was new the side mirror kissed a pole and it was only $85.00 Wow the whole thing housing, motors, heater, painted and all. The OEM cat-back exhaust was under $200 bucks back when I bought it.

GL Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

Just get a comparison price from another dealer. Sometimes on small items they mark them up too much. Check online for Toyota parts.

Toyota vacuum hose is awfully good though.

I wish now I hadn't replaced all the vacuum hose in my Toyota truck with generic rubber vacuum hose. 1977 Truck wouldn't idle properly so I marked and replaced every single hose.

It's lasted for years, but it's all hard and inflexible. The Toyota vacuum hose stays pliable and grips the fittings to minimize leakage which is why I had to replace it all in the first place.

The aftermarket hose is rock hard. The few bits of Toyota hose I have somehow remain stretchy and tight on the fittings.

If Toyota doesn't sell bulk hose to the dealers, they're getting some very nice stock somewhere, it had the Japanese printing in small letters on the side of the vacuum hose.

Reply to
nospampls2002

There are a few Japanese OEM hose suppliers that also sell to dealership parts suppliers.

Reply to
Ray O

That's an easy one to answer, ALL Toyota parts are expensive LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No, they're not.

Transmission pan gasket: Ford - $20+, Toyota - $8.99 (about ten years ago)

2-prong sensor connector: Ford - $29.99, Nissan - $7.99 (two years ago)

As has been mentioned, Toyota vacuum hose is very high quality, and even after 20 years it's still soft, with only a few pieces cracking, and then just at the ends. It seems much better than my Ford factory hose was after just 2-3 years, and generally I've found Ford rubber to be of some of the worst quality, including the suspension bushings, some which were cracked badly in the first year of ownership. No more Ford crap for me.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly