Toyota Yaris: Maintenance Required Light Comes on When Starting

I've been driving my 2007 Toyota Yaris for about 6 months now. When I turn the engine on, the "maintenance required" sign comes on for a while. Eventually it goes away, but the light never came on before. It's been like that for about a day.

What could be wrong here? My oil was changed last month. The tires are properly inflated (32 psi). Tranmission fluid? Do you need to check transmission fluid levels for these cars?

What could be wrong here?

Reply to
Rin Tin^2

"Rin Tin^2 >>"

It is possible that whoever changed your oil did not reset the maintenance reminder. Look in your owner's manual for the procedure to do this.

Reply to
Ray O

What could be wrong is that you have never, ever, not even once cracked the owner's manual and read up on how to operate your car.

Instead, you got in and turned the key and figured, hey, I know how to operate a car, I don't need a stinking manual.

Now some dash light comes on and you STILL don't bother to crack the manual on your shiny new $15,000 car. Instead, you come here asking to be spoon fed something that's so basic, it's incredible.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Shag, you're right on in your comment. I was guilty of the same sort of inattention to the owner's manual with my Avalon. The "I've driven cars all my life, so I don't need to read about my car..." syndrome is so prevalent. On a related note, I once had a co-worker, a lady of a certain age, who asked me how to program a VCR to record programs. I said "Have you read the manual that came with it?" Her reply was par for the course. "No, it's too complicated." There ya go.

Reply to
mack

Hey, smartass, is English your second language? Read what I've written and see if what you attribute to me is accurate. I've had Yaris for 6 months. The light isn't something that comes on momentarily when you start. It comes on and stays for a while, unlike the other lights. If you had an ounce of common sense, you stupid f*ck, you would have grasped also that it doesn't have something to do with oil. I would have made a big deal of oil if I had not followed instructions, or if I changed it at some Grease Monkey. In fact, it was done at the same dealer where I purchased the Yaris. That's why I dimissed the oil theory, despite claims to the contrary from a moron like you.

For every retarded comment you make, I would stick a toyota plunger, I mean a toilet plungner, up your ass until you screamed like a rhesus monkey. That would be your sign that "maintenance is required."

Reply to
Rin Tin^2

So? You're still an idiot for not even bothering to crack the owner's manual to see what that dash light is and how it works and what it means. Nothing you wrote above or before

What the f*ck does any of your ranting have to do with the fact that a dash light came on and you didn't bother to open the owner's manual to find out what it was or how it works--so instead you come here to be spoon fed like the baby you are?

Hmmmm, and an anal fixation, too.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

replying to Elmo P. Shagnasty, jerkhunter wrote: rude as hell

Reply to
jerkhunter

i had a light go on once, and it took a while to figure out what happened

i changed the air filter, and didn't "seat" the air filter lid on quite right

this one little thing was detected, and set the light on

marc

Reply to
marco

replying to Elmo P. Shagnasty, tinabina wrote: you're a dick. the person is trying to ask a question. stop being a troll.

Reply to
tinabina

Your attitude is what's wrong with the country today. Nobody's trying to be a "troll"; instead, I'm trying to suggest he use some basic f****ng common sense. Who the HELL buys a car and never even bothers to check the owner's manual first when a light comes on in the dash?

Who the HELL is he to go out to the outside world and demand help for something like this BEFORE he even bothers to TRY to find it in the manual? THAT'S pretty arrogant. "Oh, please, outside world, take care of me and wipe my butt for me"? You mean, all anyone has to do is lie there like a sloth and ask the world to take care of him, and the guy who says "no, take care of yourself" is the BAD GUY?

You're f****ng insane.

What could be wrong is that that guy has have never, ever, not even once cracked the owner's manual and read up on how to operate his car.

Instead, he got in and turned the key and figured, hey, I know how to operate a car, I don't need a stinking manual.

Now some dash light comes on and he STILL doesn't bother to crack the manual on his shiny new $15,000 car. Instead, he comes here asking to be spoon fed something that's so basic, it's incredible.

The facts are the facts.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You got that right, but be prepared for the lefty-loons to come down on you.

Remember George Orwell's quote:

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it".

Reply to
Travis Bickle

Agreed. Totally. RTFM.

Reply to
Sharx35

replying to Elmo P. Shagnasty, Bitch65 wrote: Instead of being so nasty and hateful why don't you be a kind helpful person. Maybe it will Change your life. Not everyone has time to sit on their ass and read a damn manual. Js

Reply to
Bitch65

Manuals have something called a FUCKING INDEX. If you are literate enough to know the f****ng alphabet, than you can use the f****ng index.  Fucking braindead cretin.

Reply to
Sharx35

Anyone who has the money to buy a shiny new car, has the capability to wipe his own ass.

Now, if YOU want to wipe his for him because YOU think to do otherwise means you're not being a kind helpful person, knock yourself out. But do understand that society would consider YOU to be a simpering moron.

And yes, if you buy a shiny new car, you are obligated to make the time to sit down and read the damn manual--if not doing so means imposing yourself on the world like a five year old bending over and yelling, "WIPE MY BUTT".

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Exactly. And if they can't find it in the manual, chances are that GOOGLE can help out. Asking in a newsgroup is the final, last method when all others have hailed.

Reply to
Sharx35