Toyt Rav4 security system?

Hi all,

I have a 2007 Toyt Rav4. Yesterday morning I went to go to work and there was no power to the steering column at all. Everything else works... lights, radio, etc., but the key won't turn and the steering wheel won't move. THe blinking light for the security isn't blinking now either.

I need some help with what it could be. I live close to 40 miles from the dealership and don't really want to pay to get it towed in. Can it be as simple as a fuse? Would I be able to change this fuse out easily by myself if it is?

Thanks for any help you can give.

JAC

Reply to
JAC

Isn't towing covered under your warranty?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Too many miles on the vehicle. I used to drive the S&^t out of it.

JAC

Reply to
JAC

with your hand on the steering wheel rock it back and fourth as you place the key in the ignition and try turning it . most likely the steering wheel is in a bind.. most likely this is it . try it and see if it works. bet it will. let us know .

Reply to
Dave Dave