Tranny whistling after accident

Hi All,

I own a '95 Corolla (75k miles) that was involved in an accident (front collision, bumper + hood + radiator). The car was fixed at the dealer shop. Now I hear a whining/whistling noise coming from the automatic transmission when accelerating up a steep hill (especially at low speeds in 3rd). Any ideas? Checked fluid level and it's ok, BTW.

Thanks.

Reply to
drnwnr

You may have a pinched cooler hose or pipe causing the cooler regulator valve in the valve body to work outside of it's normal range of motion/cycling speed. This could cause it to generate a buzzing type of noise that could be high-pitched enough to be considered a whistle. Or the noise could be completely unrelated to the trans - perhaps it's a fluke that it always seems to happen in 3rd up hill and is more related to the unique load on the drivetrain during that condition.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Thanks for the input. I checked the cooler pipes (visually) and they seem to be ok. I forgot to mention that the noise is there only when engine / transmission are hot. Could the noise be related to the non-Toyota radiator they installed? At the shop they didn't know to pinpoint the noise source. They just told me it's probably some bearing in the transmission. Any other ideas?

Reply to
drnwnr