Transmission Bolt Thread Compound

I'm getting ready to clean the transmission screen after 100K miles on my Sienna. The Toyota manual for the Camry that I found on-line says to use Three Bond #2430 on the threads of the pan bolts.

I looked at the Three Bond website, but they do not have this product listed. I'm presuming that because these bolts only get about 5 ft lbs of torque that it is a thread locking compound as opposed to a sealer. Can someone tell me what would be the correct product to use. I'm thinking its Permatex' Blue thread locking compound, but since these bolts are delicate, I didn't want to use the wrong stuff.

Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
jim

Permatex blue thread locking will work on the transmission oil pan bolts. Permatex blue is not permanent so you can still remove the bolts later.

Reply to
Ray O

You hit it on the head, Jim. The Permatex blue is just what you want. Like Ray said, it's not TOO permanent, so the bolts will remain serivceable.

Reply to
qslim