Transmission oil change Q

Hi folks,

My 2002 Sienna Service Manual calls for automatic transmission oil replacement every 30,000 mi.

In recent years, I have drained the fluid each year (about 12,000 mi) and topped up with 3 quarts of ATF.

The fluid drain and refill capacity, according to the manual, is 5 quarts. Not sure what the total capacity is.

Is my procedure OK. Or should I have the trans serviced professionally?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster

Your procedure is OK and goes above and beyond the automaker's recommended service.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray.

Gary