Trick to removing inner tie-rod on '89 Toyota?

Pic is of the driver side inner tierod end on an '89 Toyota Cressida. Got the dust boot pulled back and find that I can't get hold of the areas that are meant for a wrench with adjustable wrenches. The jaws are too wide and get impeded by the areas outslde the flat spots. Are there special wrenches for this kind of thing?

Also, should I have to do anything but peel back the retainer between the tied rod and the end of the steering rack? Should it then be free to come loose?

Thanks.

Reply to
muzician21

Get an inner tie rod wrench;