Trouble filling gas tank

Is anyone in California having trouble filling their gas tank with the new fill nozzles with the vapor boot compression requirement? My '05 Prius won't let the nozzle go deep enough to satisfy the compression spec, so the nozzle cuts off delivery. What can we do about this?

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Olson

Sorry. It works fine for me on my '05 - but then I'm used to the nozzles in California when used on motorcycle tanks and gas cans being more of a problem than the Prius fuel filler.

You can hold the boot back a bit while filling so you can see the silver of the nozzle. That may help. I need to do that on a motorcycle or lawnmower gas cans else it just keeps kicking off the nozzle. It also may be the nozzle your station uses so it may benefit you to find another dealer.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

New? I haven't noticed anything new at my stations.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hey - - maybe I need to go there - - you anywhere close to Cupertino?

Reply to
Chuck Olson

No, but there's cappuccino across the street. I'm down by San Diego.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland