Tune up

Hello,

The recommended tune-up for 120k miles for a Corolla '94 includes:

- Inspect belts and hoses

- Inspect ignition

Which belts and which hoses should be inspected? What should be inspected in the ignition?

Thank you in advance,

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I wouldn"t call that a tune up - its just preventative maintenance. Ya got AC belt and waterpump/alt drive belt Ya got upper/lower radiator hoses and heater coil hoses ignition would be plug wires and distributor cap

Reply to
Wolfgang

Is preventative maintenance anything like preventive maintenance ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I think I'd throw in a Timing belt, too (Depending on if the manual calls for 60,000 or 90,000)

Reply to
Hachiroku

What do they 'really' do for a tune up these days?

My guess is ..... replace plugs and bill the customer for a lot of 'checks' that really are not done.

I just ask for new plugs, cause I know that is about all they are gonna do anyway....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

At 90 or 120K they should replace the wires and the cap and rotor, if installed. They check the coil resistance on the 'coil pack' for cars with direct ignition.

And, we know what Toy charges for wiring! The last set of Official Toy waire I bought was in '85 for my '80 SR-5, and it was $68 then, when NAPA was charging $15.

But, 2 more years and 60,000 more miles on the car were well worth it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

That reminds me....it is time for new wires for my '92 Rolla Wagon....

Wish I could remember the dealer I got the last set from on the net....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Thanks for all the information guys. You are truly knowledgeable.

Thank you,

Rick

Scott > >

Reply to
Rick

LOL! Couple a burning interest in cars, and owning mostly Toyotas for 30 years...

Add a former Factory Rep and you get...alt.autos.toyota!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Speaking of burning interest in cars, additional rustproofing on cars does make the cars more flammable. A body shop guy was doing some spot welding under the car, and unbeknownst to him, a smoldering spark set the tarry undercoating on fire.

Reply to
Ray O