Urgent: Strange Gear Problem in toyota Corolla

Iam having strange gear problem in my 1999 Corolla. In the mornings, Iam unable to move my Gear . It is struck into the P(parking) only. I cant move into any other place. Last evening i went home and found i can move from P. Today morning same problem. I cant move my gear from P.

Any advice is really helpful. Please note that this is urgent as i cant even go to any mechanic shop. Thanks

Reply to
corollauser

When the problem is happening, have someone check to make sure you have brake lights. I doubt you do, and if that is the case the brake pedal switch needs to be replaced. What happens is the transmission looks to make sure the brake pedal is pressed before it lets you pull it out of park. It does this by checking to make sure the brake lights are on, and those are controlled by a switch at the pedal. Bad switch, no brake lights, no release.

Reply to
Qslim

Replace your stop light switch

Reply to