VALVE ADJUSTMENT

Threaded View

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or
where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help

it has a single oeverhead cam 1.6 4afe 16 valve
thanks again

VALVE ADJUSTMENT

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or
where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help btw it
is a 89 toyota corolla it has 1.6 4af

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

What model year?
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

 its a 90 toyota corolla sr-5

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

Here are the directions for a 4A-GE engine:
http://www.ae92gts.com/ae92gts_valve_adj.html

The procedures, tools, and shim kits will basically be the same, however,
valve clearances may be different so you will need a manual for your
particular engine (available at the library or at auto parts stores).

You will need a special tool to compress the valve springs, a vernier
caliper or micrometer, feeler gauges, the usual assortment of hand tools,
and an assortment of shims.

If you have not done a lot of engine work before, this is probably not the
vehicle or operation to learn on.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

Surely youd be best buying a manual for it? Not trying to sound clever
but it would help with lots of things and they arent very expensive?
Save yourself lots of time and effort too.

Site Timeline