VALVE ADJUSTMENT

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help btw it is a 89 toyota corolla it has 1.6 4af

Reply to
hector

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help it has a single oeverhead cam 1.6 4afe 16 valve thanks again

Reply to
hector

What model year?

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
hector

Surely youd be best buying a manual for it? Not trying to sound clever but it would help with lots of things and they arent very expensive? Save yourself lots of time and effort too.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Here are the directions for a 4A-GE engine:

The procedures, tools, and shim kits will basically be the same, however, valve clearances may be different so you will need a manual for your particular engine (available at the library or at auto parts stores).

You will need a special tool to compress the valve springs, a vernier caliper or micrometer, feeler gauges, the usual assortment of hand tools, and an assortment of shims.

If you have not done a lot of engine work before, this is probably not the vehicle or operation to learn on.

Reply to
Ray O