VALVE ADJUSTMENT

Threaded View

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or
where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help

it has a single oeverhead cam 1.6 4afe 16 valve
thanks again

VALVE ADJUSTMENT

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or
where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help btw it
is a 89 toyota corolla it has 1.6 4af

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

What model year?
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

 its a 90 toyota corolla sr-5

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

Here are the directions for a 4A-GE engine:
http://www.ae92gts.com/ae92gts_valve_adj.html

The procedures, tools, and shim kits will basically be the same, however,
valve clearances may be different so you will need a manual for your
particular engine (available at the library or at auto parts stores).

You will need a special tool to compress the valve springs, a vernier
caliper or micrometer, feeler gauges, the usual assortment of hand tools,
and an assortment of shims.

If you have not done a lot of engine work before, this is probably not the
vehicle or operation to learn on.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: VALVE ADJUSTMENT

Surely youd be best buying a manual for it? Not trying to sound clever
but it would help with lots of things and they arent very expensive?
Save yourself lots of time and effort too.