VALVE ADJUSTMENT

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help

it has a single oeverhead cam 1.6 4afe 16 valve thanks again

can someone tell me how adjust the valves on my toyota corolla sr-5 or where can i find the directions. thanks in advance for your help btw it is a 89 toyota corolla it has 1.6 4af

What model year?

--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

its a 90 toyota corolla sr-5 Ray O wrote:

Here are the directions for a 4A-GE engine: http://www.ae92gts.com/ae92gts_valve_adj.html

The procedures, tools, and shim kits will basically be the same, however, valve clearances may be different so you will need a manual for your particular engine (available at the library or at auto parts stores).

You will need a special tool to compress the valve springs, a vernier caliper or micrometer, feeler gauges, the usual assortment of hand tools, and an assortment of shims.

If you have not done a lot of engine work before, this is probably not the vehicle or operation to learn on.

--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

hector wrote:

Surely youd be best buying a manual for it? Not trying to sound clever but it would help with lots of things and they arent very expensive? Save yourself lots of time and effort too.