Very disappointed with Toyota

I post here all the time and if you read my original post I was merley making a comment that 2001 Corolla is not as good as 1990 version and I'm personally very disappointed. The problem is some toyota-worshippers here that thinks toyota can do no wrong.

Reply to
Big Blue

Which belt, moron?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Haven't noticed you, personally... maybe define "all the time"?

and if you read my original post I was merley

The stuff you posted about was normal tear & wear stuff - not about a car mysteriously & unexplainedly falling apart once it hit 100K miles. Not to mention that it got to 100K with nary a problem, acc. to your original post.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Oh, forgot - but that bent rim... did it mysteriously bend itself one night while you weren't looking, or did someone drive on a very flat tire, or perhaps hit an unyielding surface?

Color me unimpressed w/your complaints.

Cathy

not about a car

Reply to
Cathy F.

Wow, you really have poor reading comprehension, don't you? Let me summarize what many other posters have told you before:

  1. Timing belts, accessory belts and batteries are wear items that eventually need to be replaced. The fact you are still running the originals on your Honda says more about your failure in performing basic maintenance than the quality of the vehicle. You've been lucky.
  2. YOU bent the rim somehow--they don't soften in the hot sun like vinyl albums.
  3. The CAT converter and O2 sensor were a stroke of bad luck, and those may in fact reflect on poor initial quality.

So, to summarize: you bought a car which suffered a CAT converter failure after 100K miles. Seems like when you average the exceptional luck you've had in ignoring basic maintenance on the Honda with the one legitimate failure on your Toyota, you just about break even.

Reply to
Heaving Weasel

Stupid troll.

Reply to
dizzy

Psssst - Joe - Don't feed the Troll.

Reply to
Mike Harris

This one's an unusual specimen. He keeps coming back for repeated beatings. :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

How many miles on your '99 Odysessey? Near 100K? Has an Accord Engine?

*ALL* Honda motors are Interference engines. If it doesn't have a chain on it, and has a belt, and is over 70,000 miles, you'd BETTER get to a Honda dealer *FAST*, or you'll be complaining about how Honda builds shitty engines when a lousy belt breaks!

Rule of thumb (just that, a rule of thumb) Toyota DOHC engines are Non-interference, SOHCs are Interference. I think you dodged a bullet... I believe your Corolla has a chain.

Fact: O2 sensors wear out. Belts break. Converters get clogged (are you using the absolute CHEAPEST gas you can get?) Batteries die.

Deal with it.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Shocker....

Reply to
Big Blue

Beating from a bunch of toyota worshippers? Hardly.

Reply to
Big Blue

"One servicing note: Honda's new owner manuals recommend that you change the timing belt at 90,000-mile intervals. However, we'd suggest you consider changing the timing belt at 60,000 miles. Hondas use an "interference" engine design, which means, what? If the timing belt does break or jump a notch while the engine is running, the results will "interfere" in a serious way with your long-term savings plan. (Here's how it happens: in an "interference" engine, it's possible for open valves to hit an upward-moving piston, resulting in a collision that could best be described as "apocalyptic.")"

Either you've been lucky, or the Wife has been having the Honda serviced and said "Do whatever service it needs."

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah, Diz...I think you just summed it up.

WAH WAH WAH...I had to do routine maintenance on my Corolla! What a Cheap Piece of Shit...it cost a whole $8 for a belt!

As far as the rim, he prolly damaged it running over the neighborhood kids...

Reply to
Hachiroku

He also didn't mention any difference in tha amount of owner maintenance done on the car, or how the other Corolla was maintained.

Besides, look up the VIN on the older Corolla...made in Japan, wasn't it?

Look at the new one: "2" for the first place in the VIN means Cambridge Ontario.

I'm sorry...I don't think the parts used on NA made Corollas are as good as their Japanese counterparts.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You mean an "Opel"? BWAHAHAHA!!! THere's a REASON Opel stopped selling cars in the US, and the Catera is a prime example!

(I liked Opels myself...but kept buying Toyotas anyway...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

One more time...rims don't bend by themselves! This is really getting irritating! Are you that dense?

I've had the same rims on a number of my cars for YEARS. The only time I had to replace a rim was when I was driving at 50 and hit a GIANT pothole that was filled with water...KAWHAM!!!!

If the rim bent, it was forced to bend!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The puss wad won't address this issue. It's too embarrassing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This game is too easy. Scan your service records into jpg files and put them online where we can see them, puss wad.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

A-ha! You may've hit upon the secret truth! ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Amazing--you quoted the ONLY part of my post that can even remotely be used to support your assertions and ignored all the rest that detailed how misinformed you are.

Let me say it more plainly--you are an idiot.

Someone suggested you scan your maintenance records and post them---will you?

Reply to
Heaving Weasel