Vibration from wheels on 94 Toyota Corolla Seca

Since rotating the wheels on my 94 Corolla (front to back and back to front) there has been a bad vibration once the speed reaches 80kph (50mph). The vibration is NOT felt through the steering. Even passengers can feel the vibration. I have had ALL wheels electronically balanced TWICE with little improvement. I also rotated the wheels BACK to their previous positions without any real improvement. I raised the front wheels off the ground and ran the wheels up to

80kph and could not detect any vibration but DID NOTICE that there appears to be a high spot on one tyre (when you hold your finger near to the outside tread one section of the tyre touches my finger during rotation. Could this (high spot) be causing the vibration? Can a high spot develop over a very short period of time? How bad does a high spot need to be before it can be felt as a vibration? Could there be any other things which could be causing the vibration? Thanks John
Reply to
jparnold

The angle of the tire could be off the required 90 degree plane. See if the wheel is tilted inward. You might also want to check the balance of the rotors, sometime if the rotors are not balanced the car will shake.

Reply to
Pit636

"" wrote: > The angle of the tire could be off the required 90 degree > plane. See if > the wheel is tilted inward. You might also want to check the > balance of > the rotors, sometime if the rotors are not balanced the car > will shake.

What ?angle? (of the tyres) do you mean? The toe-in or the camber? Maybe I should have a wheel alignment. The strange thing abouit this vibration problem is that is started to occur all of a sudden - it didn?t start small and get worse. I am still not sure if the vibration is coming from the rear of the car or the front. The vibration is not felt through the steering wheel.

Reply to
jparnold

Check first shocks, bushings, arms, links and tires. Replace all worn parts. -Then get wheel alignment. Chassis tuning is waste of money if it is not working like it should.

-What kind of tires you have?

Reply to
Vesa Heino