Wagner ThermoQuiet Pads for 99 Camry?!

Anyone has any experience with these pads? When I bought my 99 Camry, in 2001, it came with cheap after-market pads and I had those replace for OEM ones because they made weird noises when going slowly and braking. 5 years later the OEM pads are still good and quiet, but soon it's time to get em replaced. I will probably not get the OEM rotors, but thinking of Wagner rotors and Wagner pads?! The OEM pads would be only $20- more, so no biggy on the wallet. I just don't want noisy brakes and heard and read many positive articles about these, new Thermo pads by Wagner...

John

Reply to
czenkephoto

I have seen aftermarket brake parts work well and I have seen them work poorly, and a brand or style that works well on one car might not work well on a different model vehicle, and vice versa. On the other hand, the life and performance of OEM pads are predictable, so if the life and performance are acceptable to you, then why start experimenting?

Reply to
Ray O

I always buy factory brake parts. Woth the extra money. Look how long the originls went. Scott

Reply to
zonie

I've used and liked Akebono ProAct ceramic pads. Excellent stuff for normal driving (any faster you go carbon metallic like Raybestos STS). Akebono makes brake pads for Toyota's Lexus line. The Toyota line gets them occasionally but mostly the cheap NBK pads (and who knows what else these days) that glaze and fade much more easily.

Worked well with ~$15 Raybestos Raymold rotors. Check current prices > Anyone has any experience with these pads? When I bought my 99 Camry,

Reply to
johngdole