Walmart Super Tech Filters

If you hung around here long enuf, you would know that anyone who dare claimed their Toyota engine suffered from gelling was immediately attacked as having not maintained their car properly even though Toyota admitted that there was a problem in certain 6 cylinder engines. If you are not sure of what I am talking about, you can read the attacks that are likely to follow.

Reply to
Art

Lots of people have posted that the auto climate control in their Lexus and Toyota's are a joke. It isn't just my opinion.

Reply to
Art

But the Toyota dealership also has a huge selection of decently designed gas sipping cars that make GM vehicles look like a joke. My father had a 2004 Saturn L300 wagon. The 6 cylinder was pathetic. The ride mediocre and the interior noisy especially in the summer when the ac/cooling fans were running wide open.

Reply to
Art

Actually Chevrolet sells more models that get 30 MPG than does Toyota. They even have a V8 that get almost 30 MPG. There is not need to ride around in one of Toyota overpriced and empowered 4 cy cars to get good mileage.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

garlic bread. One of the

paying off, now that he's

prepare, and cleanup for

to their sons with this

I believe in letting

his first campout. It

let them proceed with

it to the noodles while

tossed their cookies in

high-school aged boys

shared their pizza with

patrol-mates is now

and the rest are in

in place of Ipecac!

managed to turn spaghetti

meal on a campout since

was a little strange

cooking preferences.

them eating MW bread.

Reply to
ralph

We just gave my inlaws our 99 300M. They had a 98 Chevy Lumina. Though just a year older, the 99 Chrysler is like a new car. On the other hand their 98 Lumina was falling apart. AC, power windows, radio, power lock, sunroof, paint, all pretty much non functional. The interior fabrics were completely worn out. My inlaws are about 70. No kids were ever in the car. Sorry but GM makes crap that doens't hold up. A friend had a 4 year old Cadillac. The windows keep falling into the doors.

Reply to
Art

Why would ANYBODY give a Craplser to anyone?

Oh they are in laws....

Now I understand...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

having not maintained their car properly even though

you are not sure of what I am talking about, you can

I would blame poor maintenance of the engine reguardless of who or what actually caused it to happen.

Reply to
Danny G.

having not maintained their car properly even though

you are not sure of what I am talking about, you can

Really?...not too discriminating are you?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I began to realize that the cell phone thing was getting out of hand when I drove past a driveway at my company at quitting time several years ago and saw five, count 'em, five cars lined up to leave the parking lot -- and every single driver had a cell phone to his ear. Why not make those calls from your office phones before you leave the building, I thought, and save the airtime charges -- and spare yourselves the distraction behind the wheel, in the bargain?

Back when more people smoked, I noticed that there were certain moments when people could be counted on to light a cigarette. Those moments corresponded to changes of position or location: sitting down or standing up, entering or leaving a building, or getting into or out of a car. It seems to be the same with cell phones, at least as far as their use in automobiles is concerned. Merely getting into a car makes a lot of people habitually reach for their phone.

To my way of thinking, a telephone is a communications tool akin to a two-way radio, something to be used when necessary -- not an entertainment device like a television or a stereo. I've always considered cell phones in particular to be useful for necessary calls, but not appropriate for frivolous chitchat.

Airtime charges are one reason (although with the plethora of calling plans available nowadays, that's less of a concern than it once was), and another is that if I'm not reachable by land- line, that means I'm out doing stuff and would rather not be interrupted without good reason.

I've had to point this stuff out to a few friends, in fact: "Uh, did you not hear me say that I'm at the supermarket? I can't talk right now because I'm busy shopping. If you just want to chat, then call me at home tonight, please." But my point of view seems to be very much in the minority these days.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Wickeddoll0xae responds:

Not least because _churches_ were doing it.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

How many Chevys get more than 40 MPG? Zip!

Toyota has three models that do - Prius, Corolla and Yaris!

And the Toyotas are more reliable and trouble free.

Reply to
Anonymous

You forgot to say in my opinion. Chevy is Americas number on brand. Obviously more buyers believe Chevy's are more dependable, that is why they buy so many more of them.than Toyotas. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You forgot the new 2007 Camry Hybrid (40 mpg City). However, I don't count the hybrids since I don't believe they are cost efficient. And according the Government, only one Corolla gets over 40 mpg (1.8L, 5 speed manual), the other two engine transmission combinations are lower.

If you believe the JD Powers survey, the difference is trivial. Is it really worth paying hundreds (possibly thousands) more for a smaller car to gain 1 or 2 mpg?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

In my opinion, from what a know about how vehicles designed, it is not worth one life to ride in a midget car or even five or more MPG.

. mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter