Warp up / Idle time???

Hi there,

I have Toyota corolla seca CSX 1995 automatic. Just inquiring that in the cold winter (not below 0c) how much EXACT time i should warp up my car before drive? Is warmup really nessessary?

Thanks for all you time!

Thanks!

Regards, Faraz Rana Managing Director / Design Consultant DEZIGNO [Print | Multimedia | Web]

- A U S T R A L I A -

faraz

Do not "warm up" your engine. Just travel at moderate speeds for the first few minutes of driving if possible.

If you happen to live very near a freeway entrance ramp and expect to be traveling more than 100 kph within 2 minutes of starting your engine, then it is ok to let it idle for 2 minutes right after starting the vehicle before shifting into gear to move the car.

It is not the speed of the vehicle that matters, it is the RPM of the engine, so never rev the engine while standing still (just let it idle).

Reply to
Mark A

I usually let my car run for 20-30 seconds then drive easily down the street for a couple of minutes. Scott

-- Message posted using

information at

zonie

Hi Zonie, Jeff and Mark,

Thanks heaps for all your comments and clarifying some point regarding warm up time. Really appreciate all your help.