What a Pity it is that We Can't Take Advantage of Iran's Inner Turmoil

Nobody in our civilian national leadership is smart enough to seize the moment. After all, this is the same team that let the opportunity presented in Afghanistan in 12/2006 to slip by unnoticed.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Hey liberal coward.....we are fighting Iran as we speak...

By the way what are YOU doing to support our fight against terrorists?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Unless you're privy to something the rest of us are unaware of, how do you figure we're fighting Iran as we speak?

Unlike Joe Lieberman and McCain who think we ought to just 'bomb bomb bomb Iran' , I've actually seen a map of Iran and looked up its population. It's five times the size of Iraq and with three times the population. If you think we're in trouble in Iraq, going after Iran at this juncture would be like a guy who's been annoyed by a couple of mosquitos and knocks down a hornet nest in his anger. not smart. But I'm certain some folks in the Pentagon would love to see it happen....it'd save their jobs.

Reply to
mack

Read, coward, read....

Ever hear of the Air Force and Naval Aviation?

Iran will be quick and easy.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Funny, but I just checked both Yahoo and MSN, and neither one has a headline about Iran. Are you privy to classified information, or are you just hallucinating again?

Yeah, Iran will be easy, just like Iraq only like three Iraqs full of people who hate us more than the Iraqis ever did. Just keep laughing, Bucko.

Reply to
mack

It will be an air war.....

It now is a ground war....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Actually, the rank-and-file Iranians mostly like us. That would change after an invasion, of course, but an Administration with brains, imagination and the courage to try the unorthodox might make some real progress with Iraq.

I have high hopes for what Hillary can accomplish in '09, if it's not too late by then.

Reply to
dh

Hillary will be a weak president (IF elected). Women in the islamic nations wear scarves to hid their faces. They follow the men around like puppy dogs. Why would you think they would have respect for her? Do you think we can sit down at a table with a bunch of terrorists, talk nice to them and everything will be just hunky-dory? Do you think our own military will respect her, especially after all the babble about Iraq and bringing the troops home, voting for the war then being against the war. Indecisiveness is easely detected. The islamic terrorists and their handlers will spot it right away. They will have no respect for her. Niether will our military. We will be in trouble.

I would rather see al gore than hillary, at least he can BS a good line. Right now I don't see much on the Republican side either, unfortunately.

Reply to
dbu,.

Unfortunately, what we need is someone with the BALLS of an Abraham Lincoln. He was labeled the Original Gorilla by the DemonCraps, but he kept right on being POTUS and finally found a general that could win the war in one U.S.Grant, and one that could finally make the South realize they had finally lost in W.T. Sherman. Nowadays, the PC Left would call them war criminals, but they won the war. History is written by the winners not the whiners.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

ROFLMAO......

Thanks for getting my day off with a laff.......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You're just about as misogynist as the Iranian clergy.

I think it would be a good thing for the women of Iran (and Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan) to see the best country in the world run by a woman. Every time something like that happens, it chips away at their manacles.

Of course, almost anyone would be better than Dubya.

Al Gore? Sure, he'd be OK, too. Many of the Republicans in the lineup would do a better job than Dubya. Of course, that's damning with faint praise.

Reply to
dh

4-5 years ago, what was your prediction on the outcome of a war in Iraq?
Reply to
beerspill

...instead of the Coward-In-Chief d*****ad who currently occupies the Oval Office.

Reply to
beerspill

At most we're doing reconnaisance patrols and making contacts with dissidents.

Zero, or about as much as you did in combat.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

The civilians in the administration thought Iraq would be easy, too, but look how it's turned out. Why should a war against Iran go any better when it's a LOT bigger and has a much better military?

GW Bush and Cheney met with our top generals a few weeks ago about invading Iran and were told that the US could inflict major damage on the Iranian military structure and take out most of its obvious nuclear production sites through air strikes, but the generals also recommended any attack. Do you know more about Iran than our generals do?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It seems to me if they "recommended any attack", we should lob a few Tomahawks to get the ball rolling.

Starting with Ahmadinijad's house.

Reply to
witfal

Coward is not a word that works with our great President.

Coward is what liberals are.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The war was quick and easy.

The peace is always hard.

We are still in Japan and Germany....over 50 years after the end of the war.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Generals NEVER want to go to war.....

Reply to