What is a Fuel Suction Hose ??

I have been having a problem with my 2004 Sienna Van since I bought it. It has about 80K on it. If I drive the car and then park it, wait about an hour to two hours, it will not start on the first crank. eg. If you keep cranking the engine will not start. If you stop cranking and try again it will start. I have had my van into Toyota many many times. At first of course they dont believe me but then over and over I prove it to them.

Finally they believe the problem is a Fuel Suction Hose. This came from a tech report from the Toyota office. Unfortunretely they dont have the part and it will be 10 days before they can get it.

The question is, What is a Fuel Suction Hose, Where is it and how can it cause this problem?

Thanks.

Reply to
steve

There is a tube in the fuel tank that sucks fuel out of the tank and delivers it to the engine.

There is also a tube that sucks vapor from the fuel tank and stores the vapors in a charcoal canister and from the canister to the engine.

It is possible that the tube is allowing air to enter somehow, allowing fuel pressure or volume to drop.

Reply to
Ray O

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

Dunno about that...I had an 85 Mazda RX-7 (new) which did that occasionally. Every time it did it the engine would then start instantly every time if you paused even a second,,,I'm pretty well convinced that it was something electronic. We'll never know because I totaled the car.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Well being that they replaced the computer and some other parts, and eventually a service bulitine came out blaming this part Im going to give it a try.

Reply to
steve