what is normal start Idle Speed? [2003 Avalon]

hi all,

where can i find what my cold Idle Speed is supposed to be? [starting engine in morning]

it seems a little fast -- at least 1500 rpm

other than that, the car performs fine

thanks waterboy

Reply to
WaterBoy

WaterBoy wrote in news:2b6db8a1-79b2-4f03-85db- snipped-for-privacy@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

That's just about perfect.

If the weather is extremely cold, you'll even see the idle briefly go higher than that on startup.

Reply to
Tegger

Agreed - my 2003 Avalon is just like that - about 1500 for half a minute or so and then back to a normal idle. Works for me.

Reply to
mack

Same as my 07 Camry 4cyl

Reply to
EdV

Glad to know I am not nuts. My 2002 Corolla does this... start it up, immediately goes to a high idle and then levels out and goes normal within a few min usually.

I always wondered if it was normal -- apparently it is!

And, when the air filter is spotless clean and the MAF sensor is clean

-- it idles so smoothly I sometimes think I killed the car...

Reply to
mrsteveo