What is the best performance mod for a '03 Camry LE?

I have a '03 Camry LE, and I want an air filter upgrade or something that'll give it a bit of a boost, whats out there?

-P

FORUMS - Cars, Gear, Technology

Reply to
recontech

nothing, cause toyota suck

Reply to
AirborneDSM

An '06 Civic Si?

Reply to
FanJet

That really depends on your performance goal. How much of an upgrade would satisfy you? What is your budget? From my experience, Toyotas don't gain very much with a high performance air filter. A header would probably produce more horsepower gains. If you can get both, that would be better. It would be even better to use them in conjuction with a cat back exhaust.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I don't think an air filter upgrade is going to be of much value by itself. See

for my opinions on thesubject. Without doing significant engine work, modifying the enginecomputer, and/or adding a turbo, about your only significant improvement isgoing to come from adding a less restrictive exhaust system. I am guessingyou might be able to get another 5 to 10 hp with a well designed aftermarketexhaust system. Just be sure you don't interpret more noise as more power.I've seen more than one person actually reduce the engine's performance byadding a "performance" exhaust system. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

And you drive a?

Come by some time so I can leave you in the dust with either of my 'sucky' Toyotas. Punchclown.

Reply to
Hachiroku

[crickets]
Reply to
Viperkiller

A friend of mine just let his role down a hill off a cliff it got up to about 60.

Reply to
BIG BUCKS Pastor $$