What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?

Threaded View
The Windshield Washer Fluid light on the front panel of my 2000 Toyota
Camry came on.  The bottle under the hood looks like empty.  So I
guess it needs to be filled up.

If I intend to do this myself, what fluid to buy, and how to fill it?
I'm in NYC.  In Winter, the temperature drops to 10 to 20 degrees.  So
I should get the anti-freeze kind?  Should I press the Windshield
Washer stick repeatedly to use up the fluid that's left now, then add
the new one?  Or is it OK to mix the old fuild and the new fuild?
Thanks.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?
In article

Buy the blue stuff in the gallon jug marked "windshield washer fluid".
Double check the label, make sure it's good for 20 below.  It's, what, a
buck nineteen?  Which makes it two bucks in NYC.

Open hood.  Open washer fluid reservoir.  Open blue stuff bottle.  Dump.

Truly.  That's it.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?
Go to WalMart and buy WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID. Since you live where stuff
freezes, then you should probably get the kind of fluid that does not
freeze.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?
It's OK to mix the old fluid with the new.  The blue stuff mentioned is
fine.  If you want to get fancy try the Rain X deicer washer fluid.  It
will make water bead up on your windshield to make it easier to see and
not use the wipers as often.

If you haven't paid much attention to the maintenance of the car you
might consider having the wiper blades changed at Walmart at the same
time.  The no frills basic rubber blade replacement are the best value
and will last just as long as the expensive ones.  The Walmart in my
neighborhood will do this service for a song.

Do these two things together and you will be a happy camper.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?

Disagree.

They are the CHEAPEST, but not the best value.

OEM factory parts--from the dealer or from an online dealer--are the
best.  All you have to buy are the inserts, and they're only a few bucks
each.  No need to buy the whole blade.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?
Thats what I meant -- the inserts.  However, there are alternate inserts
to the oem like Trico that are every bit as good.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?

Take a look at the wiper blades at Costco. I bought some, they work good --
so far -- and they are inexpensive.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?

Rain-X is excellent stuff for mild weather, but the temperature rating on
the label is NOT ACCURATE. The stuff freezes below 20 degrees F. Unless you
have a garage in which to park the car & defrost the pump & all tubing, your
washer system will be useless until the weather warms up. I've had this
problem as have several other people I know.

Re: What to do with Windshield Washer Fluid for Camry?
Yeah, it seems the product has mixed reviews.  People either love it or
hate it.   According to Canadian Tire consumer reviews, most are favorable.