whats better a glass pack or stock muffler

i toyota sr5 had a hole in the muffler. i was thinking a replacing the muffler with glass pack the thing is i dont know whats better fro the car a stock muffler or a glass pack?

Reply to
SMILEY

A stock muffler.

NOTHING sounds worse than a loud 4 cylinder....IMHO

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Stick with a stock style muffler like flowmaster. Many like Bosal and w\Walker have a lifetime warranty -- as does OEM Toyota if they install it.

Reply to
Wolfgang

.

I am probably going to eventually get a Borla for my Geo Prizm. From what I hear, they are one of the best in the business. They are kinda expensive, but it's a small price to pay to help soup up my car enough to blow one of those stupid little rice burning hondas away.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

My grandson says his friend call them Cow mufflers. They make a MOOOOOOOOOOOOO sound as they go by. The big wings on the back, they call tow bars for their skateboard buds LOL

I pick up my new GT convert the other day, I may take a ride down to Panama City Beach to put some more miles on it. I'm up in Valdosta

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

:) lose the muffler if the car has a turbo - the sweet jet-engine whine through a 2.75" straight-thru system sounds wonderful. But then im a Rally fan and drive a rally homologation car :)

Reply to
Coyoteboy

We do not want to hear about you personal sexual preference. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

They sound like a continuous fart. Most annoying.

Reply to
dbu.

Take a whole lot more than a Borla exhaust --- save your $ towards a new car if that is your intention. A Geo ain't going to do it!

Reply to
Wolfgang

Well, its a close one :)

Reply to