When should I change the timing belt ...

Just bought a 2005 Vibe. Wanted the Matrix, but the local dealer (on the other end of the road where I bought the Vibe) was not too flexible on the price ... and my old Toyota just bit the dust so I needed something. I do like the styling on the Vibe better

Anyway, when should I think about changing the timing belt on the Vibe,

60,000 miles ?

The manual is kind of vague on that.

Thanx

John

Reply to
John Karpich

I will GLADLY change your timing belt for you, whenever you want, for only $100 EACH TIME! No problem!

(Um, I believe this engine has a chain...that's why the menual is vague...)

Reply to
HachiRoku

Chain driven.. basically it breaks you change it. As for getting a Vibe over a Matrix.. they're both SUV's :D jk! The Vibe is sold everywhere else as a Toyota Voltz, so you can always JDM-ize your ride and rebadge it to Toyota Voltz. :D

[image:
REN69

Reply to
HachiRoku

Not sure if the cams are driven by chain or belt in that model but the last belt I changed on a toyota I got 190K miles out of it and it still had not failed and I see no reason at all for a 60K change.

Reply to
SnoMan

Thank you for your help, I'll call you when I get 60,000 miles in it

Reply to
rocket9005

Thanks everybody for your help. Now I know why the manual was vague. I've had to change one on one car, had one break on another ... just wanted to know what I was in for.

Thanx again

John

Reply to
rocket9005