where to get Sequoia Navigation system?

The Sequoia 2003 that I have does not have option for Navigation System, it is only available from 2005.

I feel very disappointed with the fact that I have no option of getting the manufacture's.

Talking to several Toyota dealers and local electronics store for the after market stuff, I felt frustrated again. Thay are not only much more expensive than the Toyota's, they also lose some major features I hate to lose on my Sequoia.

The rear seat entertainment system provides kids options of watching DVD, listening to FM without interfering my driving. It seems that I will not get those wondering features back if after market system installed.

Noticed there is a place selling OEM Toyota system with a comparable price as manufacture's and they claimed the installation is simple and original funtions should be sustained. check this link

do not have it in stock and have no idea of when it will be. I amwondering if anyone had experience with it and if you have a Sequoia Limitedwith successful stories.Where else is offering this OEM unit? I will apprecaite for any input tothis question since I am s desperately needing the GPS for my busysoccer/basketball family... Thank you first.

Reply to
harry

Please don't take this response as a contention but more of an edification.

Perhaps you're overstating your "need" for a GPS. It seems to me that people get a built-in one for their vehicles because it is the "in thing" to do.

If I may make a suggestion, I would advise to get a very nice hand-held GPS. They are much more portable, cheaper to update, and cost less to acquire. I don't have one myself but I have two close friends that have them and are very happy with their functionality. I'm not a fan of GPS systems but theirs seem to be quite handy. You may find that this would resolve your quagmire in an efficient manner.

However, if you truly desire to have gadgets in your vehicles to "keep up with the Joneses" then so be it. Just don't beguile yourself, or anyone else for that matter, that it is indeed a need.

Reply to
Viperkiller