Who can justify a 30 round clip?

It's like comparing disk brakes to drum brakes. :/ They both stop the car, but they go about it in totally different ways.

To be accurate, for the M-16, it's magazine.. :/

For the record, I think a Glock with a 30 round mag is pretty danged silly.. I wouldn't want one.. Too bulky for one thing. And all that ammo adds extra weight.

But saying that, having an uber high capacity mag is not going to make one much more dangerous than another carrying several factory mags. It's up to the shooter's capabilities. Many using stock mags could probably put AZ whack buoy to shame if it came down to a contest to see who could get off the most rounds in

60 seconds. I have four mags for my usual device, but I never load more than two at a time when I'm using it. Just two mags is 29 rounds counting one in the chamber with mine. That's more than I'll ever need for defense purposes. If I were a cop, I'd probably carry all four though.. :/ Better safe than sorry when fighting crooks, deviants, and whack buoys.
Reply to
nm5k

I thought you were gonna explain the difference in a magazine and a clip, not describe the arsenal in your basement. I'm not a gun owner, and I thought they were interchangable terms. Clip, magazine. They hold bullets, that makes them the same thing to me, and lots of other people.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I've only seen magazines, and the term used was clip. Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure the few times I have handled a gun, a magazine was called a clip.

The difference is obvious, but I've only seen one and the term for the other was used in my presence. I've heard of a clip, but apparently was not looking at one when the term was being used. But, whatever.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

How about:

1) You're learning to improve your aim and don't want to break your concentration;

2) For the same reason tightrope walkers use long poles -- for stability.

3) Some people want things just because it's extreme or forbidden. For example, back when CB radios were popular, so were illegal high- power amplifiers, even for operators who communicated only locally.
Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Here we agree. If you control your weapon, you can hit your target with your first shot and you don't need a second.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Learning to shoot right means concentrating no matter what happens. 30 is not necessary for that.

30 rounds are no more stable than 10.

There ya go.

High power amps on CB radios do not kill 9 year olds.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

The hangup is the need to deflect from the real issue.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I'm so very glad you're showing yourself as such a fool. Thank you.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Sure it is. This clown was the perfect example. They got him when he changed clips/magazines/thingys that hold bullets.

When all is said and done, some tech dude will figure out who was shot in what order. Once that happens, we can say who might just still be alive or unwounded had he had a 13 shot clip/magazine/thingy that holds bullets.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Whatever, moron.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

No, fool, it's not. The point is how many bullets he was able to fire. You WANT and NEED it to be about symantics because you have no valid argument for anything else and you just can't admit it. Shows again that you have no concience.

I will pray tonight that at least one of those that you love is killed by a bullet. That ok with you? Good.

Oh, and btw, I'm going to do everything I can to get your internet access pulled. (Won't tell you why I think I can, that'd ruin the fun). But I don't like what you're saying and since you think the Sherrif should go for what he said, turnabout's fair play.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Sooner is better than later. I'd tell you to ask the victims but some of them are dead.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

What makes me laugh is that you can't justify it so you make up shit like this. Thanks again.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

What would I ask them? Doesn't make any sense... Lets say you are limited to 10 round mags, which was the limit during the AWB period. What is to stop someone from having two pistols? What is to stop one from learning to swap mags so fast the whole mag issue is a non issue? Many can do this you know. Whack jobs will always adapt to what they have at hand. You may feel safer if mags are limited, but in the overall scheme of gun crime, it will make very little difference. You limit their mags, and they will just have more of them, or come in with a pistol in each hand. And even if they re-enacted the AWB, you can still buy used ones. There will be plenty floating around. The only thing that will happen is the price will go up. It's really kind of a fluke that he was using a 33 round mag. It's really not that common for Glock owners to use those. In fact, until this happened I wasn't even aware they made mags that large for a Glock. But then again, I don't have a Glock so not really up on all the accessories. Limiting mag size might save lives in some cases. But on the other hand, it would make no difference at all in others. Even with low count mags, you are going to see the random mass shootings. Sick people do this every once in a while, and any gun laws are going to have little effect.

Read about this sick bastard. He didn't need no stinkin hi-cap mags. And he did a lot more damage than AZ whack buoy. And he still had ammo left when it was over.

nm5k

What do you mean? You used the word "clips", which is not the same as "magazine". Do you really expect people to let you get away with using the word "pillow" to describe a toaster?

Grow up.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"lots of other idiots"

I fixed your message. You're welcome.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

4) Buy a gigantic pickup truck with a diesel engine because you can, and because that Sunday newspaper sure is heavy.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Dumbass.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

?

It's why the leftwingers aren't getting the word out. They can't get on the same page because they THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

At least in this case, it would have mattered for those who would have been in a second "thingy that holds bullets". You know it. I know it. You just can't admit it. You're not allowed.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore