window motor runs out of steam

I have a 2000 corolla and both rear windows have the same problem. They will roll down but only halfway up before quitting. If I wait a minute they will finish rolling up. I thought they might be binding on something so I removed the motors and tried them removed from the regulator. If I activate the motor it will run for about 15 seconds then slow down and stop as if the battery went dead. I opened the motor and cleaned with contact cleaner, same result. If the motors were wearing out I would expect the front ones to go because they are used everyday, rears ones hardly ever, any ideas?

Reply to
George

What part of the motors did you clean with the contact cleaner? Are the contacts where the harness attaches to the motor clean and solid? Can you turn it by hand?

Reply to
Ray O

I had the same problem on a 1999 Camry. I did a search on EBay and found someone selling aftermarket motors/regular/the whole thing with a one year warranty. Installed those and haven't had any problems since. I would suggest that about once a year you spray the felt guide that the window travels in with silicon spray. Maybe the motors will last a bit longer.

Joey

Reply to
Joey