Windshield glass distortion on 2007 Corolla

I just picked up my new 2007 Corolla today and as I was driving home I noticed that the windshield glass was distorted. I mean if I moved my head from side to side a bit I noticed a marked distortion in the optics of the glass.

I did a Google search and found one other complaint for the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? This is really bizarre. I though that maybe the dealer left a plastic film on the glass, but there was none there. I hate to go through the bother of replacing the glass only to find out that the replacement was no better.

Reply to
homepc

Curved glass is like any other part: subject to manufacturing variances.

Go to the dealer and try the other 07's in the lot. If their screens are not distorted (and most likley thay are not), go see the service manager and get a replacement glass under warranty.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Mine has a problem in which if I look through the upper-left part of the windshield, things (especially headlights in the distance) appear doubled vertically. In other words, I'll see one set of headlights and another set right above it, when there is only one set. 2003 Corolla.

Reply to
Ernie Sty