Wiper Placement

I'm thinking the wipers aren't parked right on my 04 Avalon. Would one of you kind Avalon owners post if these are parked differently than yours. Thanks. jor

jor

I'm not an Avalon owner but it's obvious the passenger wiper blade is on the spindle wrong. Hurry up and take it off and put it back on quickly before someone thinks a Toyota is broken!

Reply to
badgolferman

Take the passenger side wiper blade and push it back down into the proper position. It will feel like you are going to break it, but it will pop back down into the proper park position. You can pull it back up to the position shown in the photo if you are trying to clean underneath or if you are expecting a lot of snow or ice that may jam the wipers under the hood.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a yank. jor

Reply to
jor

Yep, Ray O is right as usual. When I got my Avalon (03) the wipers were in the up position and I almost thought to unscrew them from the bolts holding them on and reposition, but in desperation I read the Manual and found that indeed there were two positions, so just give it a rather firm push, parallel to the windshield, and it'll go into the lower position.

Reply to
mack

If only one arm was out of position, then it was probably removed and replaced incorrectly. Since both are in the raised position, my way will work ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Ha! That was very neat. I announced to my wife that I was heading for the garage to repair the windshield wiper parking issue. She said, "Don't break it." Damn, that's confidence. Anyhow, 20 seconds later I was back in front of the TV - job completed. Thanks, Ray and others for your replies. jor

Reply to
jor

You're welcome! I try not to steer you wrong!

Reply to
Ray O

Give WHAT a yank? I thought that you were happily married.

Reply to
sharx35

Ha, ha... not bad. That explains why my wife said "Don't break it!" jor

Reply to
jor

I think most Toyotas with semi-concealed non-pantograph wipers have the

2-position park feature. In the normal position, the wipers park below the trailing edge of the hood and in the raised position, they park above the edge of the hood so that snow and ice do not jam the wipers in the lowered position. The raised position also makes it easier to change the blades. This feature has been around for a long time and I think it is outlined in the owner's manual.
Reply to
Ray O