Wiring difference 00 & 01 Camry

Greets.

I had the fun of installing a trunk relay in my 01 Camry LE today. Not a lot of room in there, and needs a nice strong pull. Ended up using the emergency latch.. Evenso was a bitch until I stretched the spring a bit. Works like a charm now.

I bought a remote starter for it, and that's my next project. They have a prefab wiring harness, but they only list Camry's up to 2000. It was suggested they do that because Toyota started using transponders in 2001 on the Camrys... My Camry does not have a transponder.

Did Toyota make a change to the wiring harness (namely the connectors under the steering column) between 2000-2001?

If not, it'd save me a lot of time using the harness rather than splicing all the wires...

Thanks!

Joseph

Reply to
joseph

The best way to see if there is a change in the wiring harness between 2000 and 2001 is to go to a dealership and ask them to look up the part numbers for the harnesses.

Reply to
Ray O