Yaris wheel squeaks.

Hello.

Within the last month or so, ive notcied that our Yaris seems to have squeaky wheels.

Eveything else is okay..im just a bit concerned as i live in Northampton,UK and my wife will be travelling some distance on her own to see her son in Blackpool in July.

Thanks

Reply to
mudpucket

hehehehehe, I never heard of squeaky wheels. Perhaps you could spray WD40 on the outside of the rims. LOL

Now on the serious side: maybe you have a front brake pad or a rear brake shoe hanging up and not releasing all the way.

Reply to
Just Me

Have not had that experience... did you just get the breaks changed?

Reply to
GO Mavs

Noises are difficult to diagnose without actually hearing the noise, and without knowing more particulars about the noise. Is the sound constant or does is happen at certain speeds? Does pitch or frequency change with wheel speed? Does it happen in reverse? Tight left or right turns? Gradual left or right turns? Have someone at your dealership service department listened to the sound? How many miles/Km on the odometer? What model year? What is the vehicle's service history?

If the car has wheel covers, try removing them and see if the sound goes away.

Reply to
Ray O

Would the Yaris happen to have those brackets that scrape the brake assembly when the pads are ready to hit bottom? I don't think so, but I dunno.

Reply to
mack

I do not know if the Yaris has brake pad warning indicators, but that is a possible source of squeal/squeak sounds. Break wear indicator sounds tend to start when the brakes are applied, and if neglected long enough, making noise all the time. If the OP has drum brakes in the rear, then another possible source of squeaks is dust in the brake drums. Again, answers to my questions would help eliminate some possible causes, but the wear indicators are a good call!

Reply to
Ray O

shes booked it in to the garage to get a free check.

solved!

Reply to
mudpucket

Have a safe trip!