Year One

The new 2007 Camry, expected at dealerships in March, sure does look sytlish.

What do you think of the conventional advice to avoid a new car model's first year of production and wait for the second year, when possible problems with the car may have been ironed out at the plant?

Reply to
Built_Well

It seems unwarranted with my '03 Matrix and seems like it might have been a good idea with my '04 Chevy Colorado.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

That's what I thought when I bought my '80 Corolla SR-5

The damn thing only went 224,000 miles, and blew a water pump about halfway.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Probably not a bad idea if the bizarre problems we've seen this past year on a bunch of new Avalons are any indication. But maybe they got them worked out, who the hell knows. I don't even know anything about the new Camry. Are they going with the Avalons V6 (the designation escapes me), or are they sticking with the 3MZ-FE?

Reply to
qslim

You may find the body panels have some minor cosmetic issues that they didn't have time to get fixed. Like above the fuel tank filling door, around the door handles, along door edges.

This may not bother you, however. Very few people actually notice these issues.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

I saw a study on this recently, I believe in Consumer Reports. This wisdom was generally true for most auto makers, but Toyota was one of the very few (two?) who had low defects in each year, beginning with the first year. I think Honda or Nissan was another.

I'd probably just go for it. My 1993 Nissan Altima (first year of the car) is still running at well over 250K miles. Very few issues and most only recently.

Reply to
bmgoodmanva

It looks like the new '07 Camry V6 (3.5 liter) will be 2GR-FE.

2AZ-FE for the 2.4 liter 4-cylinder.

The page below has more info, including the hybrid's engine designations:

By the way, I meant the new '07 Camry is stylish, not sYTlish (interposed characters).

Reply to
Built_Well