Yokohama H4S vs. TRZ for Corolla in southern California

Hi,

The Yokohama H4S and TRZ tires are highly rated by users at Tire Rack and nearly identical in price so I am wondering what nuances might tip the decision to one side or the other. It gets hot here in the summer and when it rains it can come down hard so I was feeling the higher traction and heat ratings of the H4S might be the deciding factor. Then again, according to user surveys the TRZ has better noise and comfort ratings which is always a plus when on the freeway.

Does anyone have experience / knowledge with these two models to recommend one or the other to your conventional freeway driver? The car is a 2002 Toyota Corolla S with about 60,000 miles.

Here is a link to a feature comparison chart at Tire Rack:

The lower tread warranty of 60,000 vs. 80,000 miles on the H4S is not a big concern if other characteristics make it a considerably better tire for my driving situation.

Thanks for all the help, Steve.

Reply to
steverossiter

Also check out the Yokohama AS430 unidirectional tire. They are sold through dealers exclusively. Great riding tire with fine traction.

Reply to
John S.

I was looking at these and the...uh...A30(?) for replacements for my Supra.

I got Hankook K106's. Nice, quiet (I have the Sport Roof, so noise is an issue!), they handle REAL well, and the were $75 a tire for 225/50-16. A real bargain, as I can see! And, they have very high UTOQ numbers.

Reply to
Hachiroku