'02 Serpentine Change

The car has 120k miles and needs belt & spark plug change.

What's the trick? Do I have to remove the RF wheel and plastic firewall? Usually there is a spring-tensioned idler pulley that fits a standard socket -- but I don't see one here.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
DefaultUser

Sorry about that. It's a 4 cylinder LE. Thanks

Reply to
Dave

Anybody know how to change the serpentine belt in a '02 Camry LE 4cyl? I'd aprreciate a quick tip.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

There is an idler/tensioner. The bolt head for torquing the idler (releasing tension on the belt) is right beneath the topmost portion of the belt, right in the middle. Its pretty easy to get to.

I'd send you a scan of the diagram if I had your email address.

Reply to
TheDoctor