03 LE - Tire Pressure

03 LE 4 cylinder automatic, 30K miles. original Bridgestone tires. I rotate the tires once every 10-12K miles. I do mostly city driving (commute to work by myself in Marland).

The spec for the tire pressure on the label on my car door is

29 psi for all four tires. I always kept all 4 tires at 30 psi. (measured while the tires are cool, of cause).

Taken a very close look at the tires lately. They still have quite some tread and should last for at least another year (12K miles). But the edge of the tires wear much faster than the middle. That tells me I did not have enough pressure on the tires. Just inflated them to 32 psi. That's 3 pounds higher than the recommended pressure. Is it a good idea?

tcl

Reply to
tcl

On 8 Aug 2005 05:57:40 -0700, tcl ("tcl" ) wrote (in ):

When you say "the edge" instead of "the edges," I assume you mean just one edge instead of both, in which case that would indicate that the wheels are out of alignment. In the latter case, that would indicate low tire pressure--but 30 lbs. is adequate. It doesn't seem likely that all four tires would have slow leaks. Is someone at work messing with you?

Reply to
Zvpunry W. Ebfraobet

32 is fine. Most people actually use an even higher pressure, but I think 32 is OK.
Reply to
Mark A

My sticker recommends 32PSI for normal driving speed, oop, it is a factory

16" with 215/60 16. 2nd thing is whether your tire gauge is accurate or not. Some tire gauges have up to 3 PSI in difference.

Reply to
Wayne