03 Window Glass Streaky

I am very fussy about having a perfectly clean windshield. This 03 Camry which I have had since May, has some kind of streaky coating on all the glass. Sort of like getting a spray wax at the car wash. It has never been thru a car wash. It is OK when dry, but in rain it gets streaky and mottled, causing reflections from oncoming lights. I have tried every kind of glass cleaner to no avail, just today InvisibleGlass, purported to be the best. There is absolutely no info in the owner's manual about care of glass.

Anyone have any info on this? Is there some kind of coating put on at the factory or during manufacture?

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne55Dud

Did you try cleaning the inside glass. Sometimes the glass picks up off-gas from all the interior plastic.

Reply to
Mark A

There is a product made by Rainx that is a cleaner to remove waterspots. They are really tough to remove, maybe this will take of the film you have on yours.

Reply to
ROBMURR

I would suggest you get some professional glass care products and use that to clean the car. I have used Eiman Fabrik products and found them to be good quality. I buy my stuff from

Car Guy

Here's what ya do: Mix up a solution of water and distilled vinegar. About 1/4 cup into a gallon of water. Wash your windows with a clean, new sponge. Use a 6-10" wide squeegee to remove the solution. Use a terry material bath towel to wipe the edges. Do NOT rewipe the areas where you used the squeegee. Works wonders on my '03 Corolla, which otherwise experiences the same milkish streaking on the glass.

Reply to
Philip®