'04 & '05 Camry seatbelts

Both my '04 & '05 Camry's seatbelt often will fold over and bind as I am pulling them out. ItThe dea usually takes a great deal of effort to feed them back into the pillar mechanism in order to try again. The dealer has indicated this is a common problem. Is there a recall or service bulliten on this? If not how does one complain to get action?

Reply to
RD

my 06 camrys belts work just fine . never a problem. think they are the same as yours.

Reply to
Dave Dave

I have similar issue (would call it a very minor) on my Camry 05 on a pasanger side. As a driver I hold the buckle and release it when is almost fully retracted. I wish the passanger side would retract on its own regardless how the belt is released. My Camry has ~96k kms (~65k miles) and I am extremly satified with this car, one of the many pleasant suprises was, that it requires very little maintenance (4 cyl model).

Reply to
Wes

I had the same problem in my 99 Camry--seatbelts, especially the driver's, retract slowly and only partially. Toyota replaced the front ones under warranty. Problem went away for a few months then returned, catching in door, etc..

Reply to
Sharx35