'04 Camry SE dash lights seem very dim?

I have a 2004 Toyota Camry SE (silver dash with orange backlighting). The backlights seem very dim (or hard to read), even though they are turned up to the highest brightness. Even the odometer is difficult to read. Is this considered "normal"? Is it just the combination of the silver dash and the orange lighting? Any other vehicles I've had (with the usual green backlighting) have been MUCH easier to see. I'd appreciate any responses!

Reply to
A.L.

"" wrote: > I have a 2004 Toyota Camry SE (silver dash with orange > backlighting). The > backlights seem very dim (or hard to read), even though they > are turned up > to the highest brightness. Even the odometer is difficult to > read. Is this > considered "normal"? Is it just the combination of the silver > dash and the > orange lighting? Any other vehicles I've had (with the usual > green > backlighting) have been MUCH easier to see. I'd appreciate any > responses!

I have the 05 SE and it?s very bright. I also have a dark interior. When is yours dim? At day or night? What color is your interior? Some colors can cancel out others. Does this happen with sunglasses or all the time? Some sunglasses can do a good job filtering out the colors you actualy WANT to see!

Reply to
tbober