07 Camry oil change

Hi all , just wondering if anybody has changed the oil themselves on their

07 Camry v6. I will raise the car tomorrow . The oil filter is not a spin-on anymore. Comes with just the inner element and some orings. there has got to ba a canister somewhere. Scott
Reply to
zonie

Try downloading the maual, it in pdf format you want file 2GR FE lubrication

rq

Reply to
rq

Are you positive about this? (No spin-on type filters.)

The '07 Camry Hybrid (mine) uses the spin-on type filters.

I also checked on a few websites and they show spin-on filters for the '07 Camry (V6).

Reply to
John

The hybrid uses the 4 cyl. Its my daughter in laws car . I have been left to service it while my son is in Iraq. This is the first oil change. We bought the filter from toyota but the parts guy had no diagrams and nothing is said in the owners manual. I will get over there and check it out this evening. Scott

Reply to
zonie

you can download the whole manual here. the file you want for the oil filter is 2GR FE Lubrication

rq

Reply to
rq

, just wondering if anybody has changed the oil themselves on their

Follow directions on the side of OIL FILTER BOX. Tools needed: 3/8" socket drive,correct size oil filter cap. Same cap used to remove spin on type oil filters. Very easy!!!!!

Reply to
Adasilva1989

Thanks for the info. Was able to do it this evening. Is less complex than it looks. Scott

Reply to
zonie