1985 Camry Clutch Release Fork

I bought a used 1985 Camry off of the internet that had a broken clutch for= k. I replaced the part (which was relatively cheap) and now the car runs li= ke a champ. Has anyone else had an issue with the clutch fork breaking or w= as the guy i bought the car from the only person to break it? It was broke = in an odd place as well.

Reply to
James Cline

I replaced the part (which was relatively cheap) and now the car runs like a champ. Has anyone else had an issue with the clutch fork breaking or was the guy i bought the car from the only person to break it? It was broke in an odd place as well.

Actually, that is only the second car of any kind that I've heard of with a broken clutch fork. The other was my Dad's 1970 Volvo 144, which broke in the first few months of ownership....obviously defective, and was replaced under warranty, along with a new clutch disk which lasted for many years and thousands and thousands of miles. I think he put one more clutch disk in that car, and sold it with over 200,000 miles on it.

I've certainly not heard of Camrys (or any Toyotas) having clutch fork problems. Then again, manual transmission Camrys are pretty rare in general, at least in the USA.

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
spsffan