1990 Camry Automatic Trans. High RPM between shifting. Better once warm!!

My 1990 Camry 2.0 lrt 4cyl just started having this problem. When running cold in the morning it runs at a high rpm before it shifts into the next gear. I would say it runs at 4000rpm when trying to shift from 3rd to 4th.

Once the engine and transmissions is hot it seems to run normally. I've taken it to a transmission repair shop and they said there is nothing wrong and it may be some type of temperature sensor somewhere?

Any ideas?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
DavidK
4th is overdrive and it wont shift into overdrive till 110f, maybe your thermostat or the temp sensor is bad, if you replace the thermostat use a toyota unit. You should drive slow till its warm
Reply to
m Ransley