1990 Camry serpentine belt replacement

Hello! My son's 1990 V6 Camry is stranded with a broken serpentine belt. The manual has disappeared. Any tips on what it takes to put in a new one?

Thanks! Gene

Reply to
Gene Ressler

Are you taking the belt on the power steering pump, A/C, or timing belt?

If Power Steer or A/C belt, you will need some metric socket set, metric box wrenches Jack up car, Remove cowling near bottom of engine, next to wheel. Power Steering hose replacement, there is a pulley that tightens the belt. You will have to loosen the pulley and slip belt on, tighten. AC belt replacement, loosen bolt on AC compressor, there is a bolt that is providing tension on the belt, you will need to turn to move compressor down, slip belt on, and tighten bolt, and other support bolts.

Recommend buying service manual.

Reply to
jjjsan

Many thanks. We have a SM somewhere... That's the whole problem. Appreciate you bailing us out.

Reply to
Gene Ressler