1990 Camry starting problems

For a while now, my 1990 Camry has intermittently decided not to start. It's definitely not the battery (just installed a brand new one, and the issues have continued). Basically, at what seems like completely random intervals, I'll go to start it, and I get nothing. No click, engine doesn't turn over, and the lights in the dash dim. It'll start just fine, when jumped. Sometimes, if I jiggle the shifter it'll start, sometimes if I jiggle the steering wheel it'll start. Again, it doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to it, For two weeks, it'll start fine every single day, then all of a sudden.... nothing; get out the jumper cables.

Any ideas? Seems bizarre.

TIA.

Reply to
Georgii2222

see post on 10/2 by fireant. My 93 has 261K miles so worn parts are suspect.

Reply to
fireant