1991 - Blue plug next to Lamp Failure Box?

Working on my yellow Lamp Failure Box, I notice a blue colored plug hanging loose next to it (the plug that goes into the Lamp FB is white, and larger). There is a white socket mounted next to it as well that the blue plug will fit into.

Should that blue plug be plugged in? Or is there some reason that it is not to be plugged in that a total car illiterate like me would not be aware of (ie, option to bypass LFB; diagnostic use only;...)

I wondering if the fact that it was unplugged could have anything to do with the LFB burning up one of its wires.

Clue me in.

Thanks!

Reply to
duggy

duggy wrote in news:jYThb.1709$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

Nevermind. I just realized it's the plug for the power antenna. Duh. Since the motor broke, it was unplugged and left in the up position.

Reply to
duggy

That plug is for a power antenna, found on the LE models, but all were wired for it.

Reply to
MDT Tech®