1991 Camry fuse blows in hot weather

My brother has a 1991 Camry which has a "phantom" problem which occurs in hot weather when the car is parked and the temp inside gets over

106 or so. When you get in and begin to start the car, the first thing that happens is the automatic shoulder belt slides into place. Well, in hot weather this causes a fuse to blow. It's the fuse that also controls the electric windows and the fan. If you replace the fuse right away, and attempt to restart, the fuse blows again. So, you have to open all the doors and let the car air out for several minutes, then replace the fuse. This first happened when the car was new and still under warranty, but the dealer was never able to find the problem. In fact the dealer couldn't reproduce the problem, since he lives in a cool, central Calif. coastal location.

I'm planning to buy the car, and since I live in southern Calif. inland, it potentially might be a major headache for me! Lot's of hot summer weather here. And since the same fuse controls the windows and fan, it's not like you can just drive anyway?you can't lower the windows and without the fan you can't use the air conditioner.

Does anyone have ideas about what this might be, or know of some relevant service bulletin, etc?

Doug

Reply to
doug

Doug

what fuse are u changing and where is it located??? i might try that fuse too, my windows dont roll down any more and by drivers belt wont move either.... but im sure i chceked all the fuses next to the pedals

Reply to
NOSKiDD